[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 551: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 131: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 132: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4677: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4681: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Bengal Cat Forums • View topic - Hello from canada :)
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hello from canada :)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:01 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Thanks for getting back with the pics so fast. My cat drinks almost no water, others on here don't drink any. They should get their water from there food. My method seems different than other and I'm new to cats, but its what I've been perfecting for +20 with monitors and tegus. Read this viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15913 my method is in a post in there. Alot of people say they can't find rabbit, I think we travel the same circles and you can get rabbit for cheap. My cats favorite food is Fancy Feast but he gets stinky, runny poo, dandruff and sheds alot. He eats almost half as much on raw and rarely poos and their tight little nuggets. Its like my favorite is McDonald's but not good for me. I also give him snake food frozen and fresh but people get upset me talking about it. I start a few pages in and you can probably relate viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15778

Someone just posted this about your cats food viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15994

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:26 pm 
Bengal Kitten

I like you cat a s well PhelanVelvel, pic # 1 is a cool shot, nice markings. these cats are so beautifull. As for the cat food, after reading much of the links, i think i will change to raw diet as well, i notice my cats poos are rather soft and really smell, but i could not figure out why, the food hes on is from what i have heard the best brand next to a raw diet, but after reading people going from this specific brand to raw and having their cats poo go nice hard little nuggets and not real smelly than thats good enouph for me to give it a try. so my next question, if there a particular brand of raw cat food? i cant remember exactly but i think i recall a small place around here that makes pure raw dog food, but im going to look it up now, if not im thinking i will make that rcipe from catcrap, some chickens, pig liver eggs.... it was on one of the links you just posted viper. I do have a freezer full of rats and rabbits for my snakes, i wonder if i should give him a whole one see what he thinks about it, although atm im living with my folks as i start school in 1 week, my mother will have a heart attack if she seen that, she doesnt even like to see me thaw them out for the snake, and im sure the cat is going to make a mess of his meal, i think i better pick up cheep meat grinder, because as far as she is concered, the steak she buys from the super marked is made that way, it doesnt actually come from a live cow at some point LOL you get the idea there im sure, out of sight out of mind. i think i spoke to a lady at the petfood shop i visit and she was asking if ill have my cat on a full raw diet, like one of her customers with their african serval, going to pop in today and see if they make their own or buy a brand of all raw diet. edit > so after posting i went back and strated reading more about this and i seen you posted where you buy your cats whole ground rabbit. im going to try to find somthing close by if not ill have to order somthing in, i do have to have my bunnies shipped in but i can get frozen rats easy, wonder if just putting them through a meat grinder would work? i dont like the idea of small sharp bone, even know i realize they do this in the wild :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Just to let you know:

Whilst Royal Canin is not the best food (and it certainly isn't the next best food to raw :roll: ) it should not necessarily result in soft smelly poo. If his poo is soft and smelly, it is not normal. I would recommend having it tested for parasites. There is a newish one that seems fairly prevalent in the pedigree cat world which i would test for as a routine measure... Tritrichomonas Foetus (TF). It is a special test which is called PCR and most vets are unfamiliar with it, for some reason :roll: so you have to ask for it.

It is always wise to test before changing diets as raw feeding can firm poo up even if there are parasites present... thus only masking the problem.

Cute bengal... think we need pictures of him and your ferret :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:03 pm 
Bengal Kitten

hmm to be honest the breeder gave me these 8 little purple pills, and said its for worms, i brought the cat to the vet and they could not figure out what they were fr, they said they never seen this, the Breeder Mayanmar Bengals will not answere my emails now that they have my money, they are god awfull, gave me the other mothers pedagree and will not contact me back. I had a hell of a time try getting him to take these pills with no luck, so i got a differant deworming med. i still have the pills, i just gave him one right now, its was hard but i got it down him. ill give him the rest over the next 7 day. maybe thats it. i also found a meat shop that does raw 100% meat and bone ground foods, im going to grab a little now and put it in the freezer, if after 7 days his poop dont harden up, should i bring him to the vet and have him checked out i guess? they are not all runny tho but still soft, has a little shape so not runny he has yet to have a real hard one like my dogs and old cat,if that makes any sense?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:37 pm 
Bengal Kitten

when he finished taking these purple pills i was given and his poop is still soft ill take a stool sample to the vet to get it checked before i start him on a raw food diet. oh and the meat shop also has mixed ground meat that have veggies in it? i figure 100% meat and bone is best, just figured i would ask anyways.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

That sounds like a very poor breeder from what you are saying.

It also increases the chances that the kitten has TF. This needs to be tested at least 1 week after finishing any worming tablets/treatment or antibiotics as they can all mask the parasite.

The pills you just gave, are these new ones from the vet or the ones the breeder gave?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

I would not give him the purple pills that the breeder gave you. If a vet doesn't know what they are and the breeder has been untrustworthy since, i would certainly not trust them.... i would not give any of those pills, wait 1 week and then have his poo tested for worms, giardia, and TF amongst the other usual suspects.... make sure you ask the vet to test for TF as they will not usually test for it for some reason!

The raw that a cat needs is meat, bone and offal... just meat and bone is not sufficient for their nutritional needs. Check out some of the links Viperkeeper posted.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:37 pm 
Bengal Kitten

It was the pills the breeder gave me, i was supposed to give him one a day for the next 8 days, but i had to get the kitten checked out as per my contract, so i took him in they checked him out, and i showed them the purple pills and she didnt know what they were for, i was just told its a deworm medicine. their is no name brand or anything on the pill, she said to be safe she will give him their deworm and sent me home with his second dose i was to wait till today and give him, which i did this morning, she said go ahead and give him the purple pills as if the breeder is doing this than she can imagine its bad for him, she gave him one of my pills their to show me how, and it was rather hard for her, so she said try and finish the purple pills if you cant get the cat to take them i would not worry about it, with the deworm i got it should be good. i called the breeder and left messages and they will not respond. i did just give him a purple pill as well as the other deworm dose i was supposed to, so ill wait a week and call the vet and bring a stool sample in and have it checked.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:26 am 
Bengal Kitten

Anyone know of a place i can Get whole ground rabbit in canada, the places on the link do not ship to canada. and i cant find anything so far, all the local meat shops said no, or they said ya they will but the rabbit is around $8 per pound! i do order whole rabbit for one of my snakes at $3.50 a pound, so i might have to get a grinder but the last lady i spoke to on the phone, said i need one hell of a good grinder if i plan to grind up the rabbit heads and everything, so any suggestions to the cheepest grinder i could get that will do the job, I just quit my job last week to start school next week, so funds are nonexistant till my ei cheques start, if i can even collect as im going to school. i will find out soon enouph i guess, if this dont work out. than I plan to buy the ground meat and bone from the local shop here, and make this recipe. this was on one of the links, is this ok?
2 kg [4.4 pounds] raw muscle meat with bones (chicken thighs and drumsticks or, better, a whole carcass of rabbit or chicken amounting to 2 kg; if you don't use a whole carcass, opt for dark meat like thighs and drumsticks from chicken or turkey and remove/don't use 20 to 25 percent of the bone; if using whole rabbit, which has a higher bone-to-meat ratio than chicken, dilute the extra bone by adding another 20 to 25 percent of plain muscle meat and skin and fat from rabbit, chicken, or turkey)

400 grams [14 oz] raw heart (best not to use use beef heart; if no heart is available, substitute with 4000 mg Taurine)

200 grams [7 oz] raw liver (don't use beef liver; if you can't find appropriate liver, you can substitute 40,000 IU of Vitamin A and 1600 IU of Vitamin D--but try to use real liver rather than substitutes)

NOTE: If you cannot find the heart or liver and decide to substitute with the Taurine/Vitamin A and D, then remember to REPLACE the missing amount of organ meat with the equivalent amount of muscle meat. In other words, if you cannot find heart, you add another 400 grams of the meat/bones. If you can't find the liver, add another 200 grams of meat/bone.

16 oz [2 cups] water

4 raw egg yolks (use eggs from free-range, antibiotic-free chickens if you can)***

4 capsules raw glandular supplement, such as, for example, multigland supplement by Immoplex.

4000 mg salmon oil (see note at bottom of recipe*)

800 IU Vitamin E ("dry E" works well)

200 mg Vitamin B-50 complex (i.e., four capsules of B-50)

1.5 tsp. Lite salt (with iodine)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:41 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:03 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

As far as I know there's only 2 places in the US that sell ground rabbit for pet food, the link you saw and one on the west coast. But the one on the west has a waiting list. I did the math and if I get whole rabbit for the snakes its like $2/lb I don't have a grinder but I should. I fear you need a decent one to do skulls/spine so I'm hesitant to invest in something cheap that will break. Not only would it be cheaper but I'd do it a bit courser too for teeth health and texture.
Taurine is a VERY important amino acid that cats need so add a supplement like "kitty bloom" or "alnutrin" some people just get the supplement pills body builders use but I don't trust that.

I wouldn't do the purple pills either but just google "purple pill (any numbers/letters on it)". I'd like to know what it is. If the vet gave you pills use them but I use drops you put on his neck that kills worms called "Profender" you can just order it off amazon.

Good luck he's still a beautiful boy.

"frankenprey" did you make that up? Its the best description ever!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:19 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:04 am 
Bengal Kitten

I lauphed when i read franenprey too lol i can imagine a little animal looking thing amde from bite size peices lol thats too good. Thats the thing the purple pills have no identification and they are rather large for a kitten to take, the vet said most likely its a cheeper US version of a deworm they got or even somthing over seas and are using that, and hense why she has never seen them here. Boots was taking them for a few days before i got him, and the vet did give him one of the pills i brought in to show me a good method to get him to take them. so they are not hurting him, but at this point i would rather pay the 100$ or so for a test and i dont want to wait 7 days to finish the pills hes got left to wait 7 days for it to clear through then get a test done, may as well stop now and wait the few days and get the test done that much sooner. when i finish my school in the next 6-7 months i will be getting a good grinder and just grind up the rabbits i buy for my snake, they are free renged whole grain fed rabbits, no steroids and what not added. so it will be good for him, but until than hes going to eat the recipe i just posted, now I got to try and find all the vitimins and stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:41 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sounds good! You do know the people in the US go to Canada for the cheap drugs right :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:41 am 
Bengal Kitten

hehe, no offence i just meant somthing thats not from canada, and candians do most their shopping in the states, so she never seen it before. lol Im real close to the boarder, 15 min away from bellingham, and we often think what would happen if we were on your side of the line when tragity struck. simplist of things could be devistating for the pocket book. i wish the states or even the entire planet had health care. but even here its getting stupid, soon canada will go private im sure. but thats another story.