It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbie here
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:26 am 
Bengal Kitten

So I've had my Bengal mixes (50-75% Bengal) for two years now, but I'm just finding this site. I've got two males, and two females. A family friend gave us a mom and two kittens from her Bengal (pure), Artemis. The mom was Dia, and the babies (both male) were named Kawazoe and Aoki. about 8 months ago, Artemis gave birth to her last litter, and we got one of those kittens, named Xerox.

Now, the reason we named her Xerox is because she's the spitting image of her mother. Artemis has the dark brown with gold coloring, and somehow Dia came out as a Silver. Of Dia's two, Kawazoe is grey and white, without the Bengal markings, but Aoki looks like a Bengal with longer, fuzzier fur. The two boys, and Xerox, have loved being curled up and held like babies since birth, and they really love the affection. Dia's the more independent, anti-social one, mostly coming out if I'm putting down tuna or chicken, which are the favorite treats for all 4 of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:57 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

What do you mean came out silver somehow? wasnt the dad a sliver stud? you can only get silver if one parent is a silver as it isnt carried?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:39 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Because I wasn't a part of the breeding process for Dia, I don't know who the stud was. The friend of the family that we got her from was running a small time Bengal Rescue at that time, and had anywhere between 8 and 14 cats at any one time.

The only reason I'm sure that Dia is full Bengal is because at the time, the only intact males were Bengal. I did ask about that at least...

I would have to call that friend to find out, which I can do later today.