It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:10 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Hi

I rehomed a kitten who is supposed to be a Bengal last week. He is apparently 5 months old and is a full male cat (not yet been castrated as too young). Due to his great behaviour and friendlyness I was worried that he may be stolen but he has no chip and no-one has reported a missing Bengal in my area. Also the stories just didn't match up so was worried about where he had come from.

But now I am wondering if in fact he is actuall a Bengal. He is about 6 pounds in weight and already the same size as my sister's fully grown adult cat (although she is a little small). He has a very silky coat and barely moults at all. He has an amazingly loud purr and mieow. He could mieow the house down! Also noticed that when he runs about a lot he sometimes pants, which I have never seen a cat do! Also if he is a Bengal then what colour is he? Or does anyone know where I could try to find his breeder? I did ask about papers and a vaccination record but was told they had none. Couldn't even give a breeder's name!

1st morning with me

Today

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:26 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hi welcome to the forum.
Lovely looking cat, but I dont believe (i'm not an expert) that he is a bengal. His coat is very similar to my Nismo and he is a x bengal but looking at the rest of him I think he's just a tabby.
Sounds like he has a wonderful personality, I hope you have lots of fun together.

Where abouts do you live?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:31 pm 
Bengal Kitten

BeckyN wrote:
Hi welcome to the forum.
Lovely looking cat, but I dont believe (i'm not an expert) that he is a bengal. His coat is very similar to my Nismo and he is a x bengal but looking at the rest of him I think he's just a tabby.
Sounds like he has a wonderful personality, I hope you have lots of fun together.

Where abouts do you live?

Thank you!

We are in Kent and apparently he has been through 5 homes at 5 months old. The only issue we did have was the 1st night when he would nieow lots and at the moment he will occasionally try to suckle on you but is already learning not to. He is very odd with some things. Loves water and will try to follow me in the shower every morning. He is quite big already and has a massive chirupy purr. Such a cutie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:59 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

He looks like a gorgeous tabby boy and quite big enough to be castrated! :D

Well done for rescuing him and he sounds as if he has a great purrsonality.

All cats are welcome (so long as we get lots of pics!)

Heather

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:49 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

he can be neutered from about 10weeks of age so no need to wait he isnt too young :)

he looks like a lovely classic tabby moggie :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:17 pm 
Bengal Kitten

Thanks guys :)

When I started to look at Bengals on breeder's websites I did notice the difference in markings. I do wonder if he is a Bengal Cross possibly as his coat is so silky and so soft. Everyone comments on it and it is a totally different texture to my sister's cat. Even his little pads are super soft and feel like soft leather.

He has settled in very well and is on the floor with the 2 dogs now. No accidents around the house and eating VERY well! The only thing that isn't so desirable is his suckling at night times. But already he is learning that it isn't a good thing. So after trying a few times and me moving him away he will give up, curl up next to me and go to sleep :)

Maybe eventually I can look into getting a proper pucker Bengal but for the meantime Milo is No 1 kitty. He's that much of a cool cat he has won my mum and bf round and they have previously been anti-cat! x

Oh and he won't like me for much longer as he is booked for snippage and chipping. Poor little guy! x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:36 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Sounds like you got a great kitty there. A lot of times high energy cats overwhelm new owners, so hopefully that is the only reason he has gone from home to home.

I agree with others, looks more tabby then bengal, BUT he could most definitely be a bengal X. He sounds like he will be preparing you for when you do get a bengal down the road. Good job on giving him his final forever home :)