It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Slinky Malinki
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:16 pm 
Bengal Cat

Hello All!,

My name is Laura, I have two children Emily and Jack and have just got my first Bengal...my furbaby Slinky Malinki, he's gorgeous and cheeky and now i want another!

I just found out yesterday that he has a heart murmur so i hope it wont affect him much...and i'm looking forward to being an active member of the forum and getting to know some of you xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:44 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum!

At my first vet visit with Millie, the vet told me she had a murmur, but when I brought her in at 6 months to have her fixed she had grown out of it. :) The moggie I had when I was a teenager had murmur as well. She had all her life and it didn't affect her at all.

I'm sure that it won't slow Slinky down one bit, he might even grown out of it too . :)

Post pics!!! we love to see new additions!

Ottawa, Canada

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:18 pm 
Bengal Cat

Thanks for your reply! i will attempt to post some pics tonight when i dig out my usb cable for my blackberry. he looks a lot like millie!

oh i hope it does disappear as i cant stop worrying!

I took him to the vets as he has had diarrheoa since i got him and has a little blood in it so he's been wormed AGAIN and now has antibiotics too.

Im thinking it could be his food as his breeder told me he was feeding them Royal Canin kitten36 and to not feed him any wet food at all his poohs seem extremely grainy so ive fed him chicken and rice since yesterday on the vets advice and may look at just switching him as his stomach is already upset and completely ditching the dry.

im going to give wet food a try and look into possibly feeding him raw in the near future but i need to get my head around it first!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:02 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Welcome to the forum! I'm loving your kitty's name!

The vet said Pixel had a slight murmur at her first visit but also said it was nothing to worry about. It certainly hasn't seemed to slow her down at all, she can keep up with Widget despite being stockier and heavier than him!

Owned by:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:20 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

SuperTramp wrote:
Im thinking it could be his food as his breeder told me he was feeding them Royal Canin kitten36 and to not feed him any wet food at all his poohs seem extremely grainy so ive fed him chicken and rice since yesterday on the vets advice and may look at just switching him as his stomach is already upset and completely ditching the dry.

im going to give wet food a try and look into possibly feeding him raw in the near future but i need to get my head around it first!

Yes that'd be a good idea. Weird that your breeder told you not to feed him wet food at all!??! Wet is far better than dry and raw is better than wet but you already know that. :)

Welcome to the forum, can't wait to see pics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:03 pm 
Bengal Kitten

sorry for the ignorance ...what is raw .....??? i just feed mine normal cat food, whiskas , felix ...am going to check out nutrition now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:30 pm 
Asian Leopard Cat

Hmm there should really be a sticky for it! If you're on Facebook you should join "Cats Completely Raw and Proud (Cat CRAP)" -- lots of helpful info and people are very quick to respond to questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:02 pm 
Bengal Cat

Thank you for your advice! i will join that group and look into raw food for him...have posted pics of Slinky Malinki in the gallery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:17 am 
Asian Leopard Cat

princess-fiona wrote:
sorry for the ignorance ...what is raw .....??? i just feed mine normal cat food, whiskas , felix ...am going to check out nutrition now

This is a very helpful and informative site

http://www.catinfo.org/?link=origin

Heather